Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dec 31 - Jan 6 ...a Fun Week



A recap of the past week of training:

Swim – 17,110 yards [5 swims]
Bike – 42 miles [2 rides]
Run – 45 miles [5 runs]

Well, I have survived another week of training! Coach Steve Johnson has been working my butt off with the swim, but it is fun.  Swimming is by far my weakest of the three disciplines. I am enjoying the challenge of more swimming and working on trying to be able to pop off a decent swim split. The first few weeks of this I thought he was absolutely crazy, but I am really enjoying it now.

This was also my highest running mileage week in the last year or so. It felt great to be out there doing what I love. I also got in a couple good runs with friends, so that made things even more enjoyable.

This was also the first week of real track workouts. (Have I ever told you how much I love tempo run day? Because I do!) As a redshirt SR at Greenville College, I am trying to prepare for one final track season, along with a tri season.  This may not be the best way to do it, but in the end it will all work out. I had been missing some speed work and the track, so I was thrilled when I found out I would be on the track on Thursday.  I am getting excited to start to start racing on the track again!

For Christmas I got a Garmin 310XT and a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine, so training has been fun the past few weeks with these new toys.  I enjoy being able to just head out the door and run, without having to map out a run later to find out how far I had gone, or try and remember where mile markers are on tempo runs.


Lastly, Dad started his training cycle for his half marathon today! I am so extremely excited to watch his journey to the half marathon.  We got to run his first 5k together this summer, and then he raced a 3 mile and a 10k.  He asked me to make him a training plan for a spring half marathon, so I did…hopefully he follows it. I can't tell if I am more excited for him to be racing a half marathon, or if he is more excited to be doing it.

 Happy 2013! I got to spend my NewYear with this wonderful puppy...and some good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment